Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil Review


Bare Escentuals is like the Holy Grail when it comes to mineral face make-up; their signature black-lid jars appear in all of my friends' make-up collections. While I have tried the Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation - which has warranted great reviews and is indeed a wonderful product - what I'm most impressed with is the Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil.

I have combination skin that's pretty prone to breakout. My forehead, chin, and especially nose area gets really shiny a couple of hours after washing my face. Even if I apply matte foundation, those areas still get shiny. So I was super excited after receiving 10-day sample of the Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil (the original version, not the hydrating, SPF 25, tinted, or illuminating) with my order from Sephora. After just one day of using it, it has become a staple in my make-up bag.

The Mineral Veil is supposed to absorb oil and minimize the appearance of lines and pores without any chemicals that can cause build-up and be harsh on your skin. It's supposed to create "the ultimate, translucent "finishing touch" to your makeup," melting into your skin, "infusing it with softness and light, giving the look you see with a soft focus camera lens."

I use the BE Mineral Veil after applying concealer, the BE Mineral Foundation, eyeshadow, and eyeliner. Then I dust a thin layer of the Mineral Veil all over my face, concentrating on the areas that tend to get oily. A small amount of the product goes a long way. Unlike many other "mineral veils" and finishing powders that I've tried, Bare Escentuals' is by far the best. It really disappears onto my skin (unlike ones by CoverGirl and EverydayMinerals, which visibly sits on my skin) and it keeps my skin matte all day, something that nothing else I've tried has managed to do.

The Mineral Veil also sets eye-makeup in place, which is why I apply my eyeshadow and liner beforehand. But apply mascara afterwards just so the powder doesn't get stuck on your mascara-ed lashes. I don't use blush or bronzer, but if you do, they should also be applied before the Mineral Veil. To maximize the effect of the product, apply primer all over your face after you put on lotion and before applying anything else.

Have you tried the Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory