Saturday, August 7, 2010

Outfits Under $100: Abercrombie

Alright, you're probably like, "Seriously . . . Abercrombie?" Okay, I admit that the company has its flaws -- oversexualized models, overly branded name, lawsuits for being racist -- but honestly, at the end of the day, I love some of my A&F pieces.

As long as you look past the tight-fitting tees with "ABERCROMBIE & FITCH" or "Blondes Really DO Have More Fun" printed in bold across the chest, they actually have some cute stuff.

For one thing, I absolutely adore their shorts. I'm not sure why, but their shorts fit me better than anything, designer brands included. I pretty much live in them over the summer. I can always find a pair of denims cutoffs that are the perfect length, wash, and make my butt look good. And with just a little moose logo and a faded label on the back, the branding's not overwhelming.

Plus, I think their shorts are super comfy, and they always hold up really well summer after summer (and can oftentimes be found on sale for under $30). I'm also a huge fan of their sundresses; they're super flirty and cute. Oh, and I love their tank tops.

Recently, A&F has started going for more of a high-fashion look, think more NYC than Cali. They've released several lines of dark-washed skinny jeans and sequined blazers (I have a sequined cardi that's my go-to piece for going out) as opposed to their typical light-wash ripped flare denims.

Nevertheless, Abercrombie's overall look is still very casual and beachy, which are perfect for summer. Below are three outfits for those beautiful summer days created from Abercrombie* pieces, and best of all, all three outfits cost less than $100!

*Note some pieces are from Abercrombie Kids rather than Abercrombie and Fitch. An x-large in Abercrombie Kids is roughly equivalent to an x-small or small in A&F.


Day in the Park


abercrombie set 1


Total Cost: $68


Beach Babe


abercrombie set 2

Total Cost:$64


Hittin' Up Rodeo Drive

abercrombie set 3


Total Cost: $85

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory