Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Madonna's "Material Girl" Collection Debuts at Macy's

Madonna's Material Girl Collection for Macy's

I was really excited for Madonna's "Material Girl" collection, which debuted today. But when I saw the collection, I was a little disappointed.

All the clothing pieces and accessories in the line seemed so...done. As in, been there done that. A couple of key trends in this line that we've all already seen:

Floral Skirts - They've been in since 2008

Lace Dresses - Been there, done that

Faux Leather Jackets/Fur Vests - Again, so two seasons ago. Plus, the faux fur vest isn't even cute.

Jeggings/Tights - Every single store has tons of them

The one good thing that I do have to say about this line is that it's very affordable. Prices range from $5 for bandeau bras to $78 for a faux leather jacket. Maybe it's partly because of the low price range that's making me prejudiced against this line, but it just seems a little too Forever21 to me.

Plus, I'm actually kind of disappointed with Madonna picking Taylor Momsen to represent her line. Yes, I'm jealous of how skinny she is, but seriously, that girl is not someone young girls should be looking up to. Plus, what's with all those "Who's that girl" ads? Everyone knew it was obviously Momsen.

Anyways, that's just my two cents. I won't be rushing to Macy's anytime soon to check out this line. I think I much prefer designer collabrations - like Alice & Olivia for Payless or Jodi Arnold for The Limited - over celebrity collaborations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory