Monday, January 4, 2010

Style Guide: Boots Boots Boots!

Boots boots boots. From the hate-em-or-love-em Uggs to Miley Cyrus' cowboy boots in Party in the USA to the kelly green Hunters that gets me through those gloomy, rainy days, I love them all. In the harsh Chicago winters, boots are a must-have for me.

Lately I've developed an adoration for those mile-high over the knee boots, which I first coveted after seeing them on Louis Vuitton's fall 2009 show. To my joy, various designers and fashion companies have made affordable versions this fall. Here's some of my favorites:

over the knee boots

I'm a huge fan of the gray Chinese Laundry suede boots on the top right. Suede is such a versatile material and is great when you want to appear effortlessly chic on your way to class. It can also be dressed up for a night out when paired with a minidress or a tunic top. The top also folds down and can be cuffed into a knee-high boot.

Below are three possible outfits: one for going to class on a cold winter day, the other two for a night out in town. The color and fabric of these boots work with almost anything. I stuck with mostly neutral tones although they'll also look great with a pop of color.

Going to class look

Going to Class Look


Going out looks
Going Out Look

Over the knee boots are an excellent investment as they can be worn in the fall, winter, and spring. With so many varieties out there, there's something for everyone. Steve Madden and Chinese Laundry carry many great styles in under $100. One warning of advice though: be careful about buying a pair with high heels. While the Boutique 9 above is very classic, a pair with a leathery exterior and pointy heels can easily appear trashy-girl-does-Halloween.

Would you wear over the knee boots? Do you have a favorite pair?

1 comment:

  1. ohh my gosh i love those boots too! and that going to class outfit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Directory